6/26/2007

LeBron on Team USA

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only hoops fan that's happy to hear that King James is playing FIBA ball for the good ol' US of A!. I'm not too sure that a lot of folks will share my reasoning though. Sure, the USA team will be better with him. No doubt that it further establishes his reputation as a role model (he made a commitment and honored it). I can't imagine that he won't get a good amount of PT, something he didn't get last time.

But really, won't it be nice to see him play in a system that isn't full of holes? No more guys sitting on the bench for a quarter when they should be on the court. No more lapses after halftime. Just won't happen with Coach K (no, it's not all Mike Brown's fault). Just Lebron having fun playing the game - he's much better when he's smiling.

Here's hoping that Team USA regains the dominance that they demonstrated 20 years ago.

U...S...A...U...S...A...U...S...A...U...S...A...

No comments: